Our client is an international focussed company and is known for providing execellent financial and management services to its mostly international clients.
In this role you are responsible for the day-to-day statutory requirements and management of a designated portfolio of clients. You are responsible for ensuring that client structures comply with standard financial and legal practice and maintain high standards of corporate governance. You act as the principle point of communication between the principals and/or shareholders as well as other stakeholders, and carry out your work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meet the structure’s statutory requirements as stipulated in the relevant law;
- A real partner in business of your clients, providing services as if the client structure is your own;
- Keep the client structure in good standing;
- Adhere to regulatory compliance as imposed by internal procedures and external authorities.
You report to the Manager of Operations in the Curaçao office and work closely with colleagues as well as external professionals such as (tax) lawyers, notaries, accountants, authorities etc.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Law, Tax, Finance and/or Accounting;
- At least 5 to 7 years of significant experience within either a legal or financial function or in the financial services industry;
- Experience in a corporate services function is a strong advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch. Proficiency in Spanish gives you a strong advantage and proficiency in other languages is a plus;
- The ability to work well in a team and with people at all levels and of all cultures;
- A well-organized approach and a hands-on mentality;
- The ability to prioritize work and to work well under pressure and stress;
- A good understanding of the laws that affect your areas of work;
- The capability to work with and understand financial and legal information, plus you have analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A service-minded approach and the confidence to provide services to high-profile clients;
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information;
- A drive for delivering comprehensive, pro-active swift and high quality services to international clients;
- A sound grasp of corporate governance and compliance issues;
- A commercial frame of mind.