As the Senior Accountant you are responsible for the accounting department and for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews and internal control. You play a key role in developing the strategy for bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing shareholder value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the organizations’ financial goals.
- Supervises cash management activities and monitors/controls Accounts Receivables.
- Repares annual and monthly budgets.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and other financial information.
- Develops and monitors policies and procedures and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs and increased revenues.
- Reviews monthly operating reports for accuracy and completeness and reports to management.
- Reviews payroll information to ensure correctness and completion.
- Reviews financial statements as per IFRS standards.
- Provides high level technical support to key clients.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Performs financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Coordinates with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Evaluates accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Masters degree in Accounting or equivalent field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Financial field.
- Good knowlegde and experience with accounting software like Quick Books.
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details.
- Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal in English. Dutch and Papiamento are a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to motivate the team and lead by example.