As the Senior Internal Auditor you are responsible to perform a mix of financial and operational audits across the organisation to ensure that efficient internal control processes are in place to identify and manage risk.
- Examining business processes and controls for compliance with management plans and policies, evaluating whether controls provide management with reasonable assurances regarding the achievement of the company's operational, financial reporting and compliance objectives;
- Executing the full cycle of the audit process from planning through to the review process and completing summary report;
- Ensure work papers accurately document work performed and are in accordance with the generally accepted auditing standards;
- Developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with management and personnel at all levels of the organization;
- As part of the Internal Audit team, keep up to date on current activities, accounting and audit pronouncements and information significant to the profession;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned to you in an efficient and effective manner.
- Degree in Accounting plus professional certifications such as ACCA, CIA, CPA and CGA or equivalent certifications;
- Minimum 5 years auditing experience;
- Thorough knowledge of auditing practices, techniques and principles;
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Working knowledge of TeamMate Audit Management System would be an asset;
- Ability to work as part of a team to ensure the Department’s targets is achieved;
- Is self-motivated, organized, assertive, goal oriented and displays a high level of ethics, discipline and professionalism;
- Is dependable and displays a high level of reliability;
- Willingness and ability to travel to various locations within the organization.