Financial Reporting & Analytics Officer
As a Financial Reporting & Analytics Officer you will be analyzing and collecting all financial data regarding the performance of the company. You will also prepare standard and custom reports in order to provide all stakeholders with correct and timely information concerning the (financial) performance of the organization.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Review financial information to ensure accuracy and compliance with reporting standards;
- Support business on a daily basis, ensure completeness of all transactions, prepare journal entries, generate management and financial reports to management;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to head office, regulators, tax authorities and other stakeholders;
- Execute the reporting process for complex reports where you translate data into management information for decision making and advise the organization on this;
- Prepare forecast based on analysis of actuals, explain variances between (forecasted) budgets and actuals and advise management on initiatives;
- Assist with executing and developing internal controls to ensure reporting is accurate;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and assist with implementation of new accounting standards;
- Provide support and assistance to external auditor;
- May assist with special projects and change management for expanding insurance activities, as needed.
- Bachelor in Accounting (or relevant degree);
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (audit firm/fin. reporting function);
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedure, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (IFRS);
- Ability to solve problems, handle conflict, anticipate issues/concerns, troubleshoot problems and proactively institute creative solutions quickly and in detail;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Strong skills in Excel;
- Flexible and able to work independently;
- No 9 to 5 mentality.