The Claims Manager is responsible for overseeing the claims department to ensure that the insurance claims are handled in a proper and timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Claims Manager will also be tasked with handling customer disputes and working on complex cases.
The main tasks and responsibilities consist of:
- Managing a team of adjusters and examiners;
- Working with management to adjust procedures as needed;
- Handling and processing official paperwork;
- Ensuring legal compliance of the claims process;
- Adjusting protocols based on company needs;
- Settling difficult or complex claims;
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- At least 3 years insurance claim experience and at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory position;
- In-depth understanding of legal regulations;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Customer service oriented, result driven;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Accuracy and attention to details;
- Ability to organize and document both digital and physical data;
- Experienced in compiling and/or reviewing reports;
- Strong communications skills;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English, Dutch and Papiamentu, Spanish is a plus;
- Good knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.