Claims Handler Medical
As the Claims Handler Medical you will be responsible to obtain information from insured or designated persons for the purpose of settling medical (Health) claims, take decision in verifying if evidential documents are appropriate and genuine and procession claims to closure.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist customers to complete the health claims forms;
- Advise customers of claims settling procedures;
- Request information required to support/supplement claims;
- Liaises with external partners in order to collact information and documentation for processing of claims;
- Verify evidential documents are appropriate and genuine;
- Prepare guarantee letters;
- Prepare payments;
- Provide a range of administrative and claims related services to the insured, providers, and medical specialists;
- Provides advice, guidance, and information in response to requests/ enquires from customers by phone, fax, and e-mail or in person;
- Assist as directed by management, in other activities within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- At least 2 years experience in insurance;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Experienced in compiling and/or reviewing reports;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & entering information;
- Service- and customer oriented;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English, Dutch and Papiamentu, Spanish is a plus;
- Good knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.