For one of our clients, for the Dutch Caribbean office, we are looking for a driven Accounting Analyst with a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics and a minimum of 3 years experience in a managerial position.
As the Accounting Analyst you are leading the activities of the Finance Department at the Dutch Caribbean office on Curaçao, within the framework of the policy, rules, procedures and standards of the company.
- Controls the general ledger administration on correctness and completeness on monthly basis;
- Validates correct closing between general ledger, balance sheet and profit and loss accounts;
- Takes care of complex matters related to the general ledger, like inter-company payments;
- Takes care of monthly calculation and monitoring of salary parameters and makes necessary adjustments when required;
- Manages the company’s petty cash;
- Responsible for the overall cash flow position of the company, controls and analyzes company spending;
- Takes care of reporting of financial figures and management statistics and ensures a timely and high quality submission of the monthly, quarterly and yearly reports;
- Provides necessary calculations, figures (periodic and incidental) reports when required and gives advice about the financial situation of the company;
- First point of contact with the external auditor for all current financial affairs;
- Produces the yearly budgets based on plans submitted by the departments, defines goals and results for the company;
- Supervises the budgets and reports relevant deviations from the budget;
- Ensures implementation of the company's accounting policies and timely implementation of new reporting tools procedures;
- Performs other administrative related activities.
- Bachelor's degree Finance, Economics or Business;
- Elaborate experience in finance or accounting;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial position within an accounting and or finance department;
- Eager to apply your knowledge of financial accounting principles to everything that you do;
- Highly organized with exceptional strong technical and math skills;
- Knowledge of fiscal legislation, experience in budgeting;
- Ability to quickly learn industry-related regulations and utilize information in written reports;
- Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- High level of integrity, trustworthy;
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office products and knowledge of accounting software;
- Fluent command of English, Dutch and Spanish, spoken and written.
T: +599 973 808 52