For one of our clients active in the financial branch, we are looking for a Payment & Transfer Officer.
As a Payment & Transfer Officer you will be responsible for the precise and efficient daily entry of low to high complexity local and international payment instructions received before the cut off time. You will also go through any online rejected payments that have been received.
Your main responsibilities consist of:
- Preparing received local and standing order transactions.
- Responsible for the processing of all local and international transfer instructions.
- Preparing of debit/credit entries as well as the incoming and outgoing clearing accounts.
- the timely, correct, and procedure-compliant input of the SWIFT instructions.
- Making transaction adjustments as directed by the Supervisor.
- Timely and correct execution of incoming SWIFT instructions in accordance with protocols.
- Modifying incoming Swift instructions at the Authorization Officer's request.
- Reviewing payments on inactive, wrong, or stopped accounts so that the necessary changes can be made.
- Getting in touch with clients about inaccurate or delayed transaction requests.
- Completed MBO education.
- At least three years' worth of experience in the field of payment processing is required.
- Capacity to operate without supervision while maintaining a high level of accuracy and organization.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral in English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamentu.
- A thorough understanding of the payment-related SWIFT message types and the ability to decipher SWIFT instructions received.