For one of our clients active in the financial industry we are looking for a Compliance Risk Analyst.
The compliance risk analyst assists in the overall coordination of Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing projects and Regulatory Compliance Management. This person will contribute to the overall success of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing unit by ensuring that particular individual goals, plans, and initiatives are carried out/delivered in support of the team's business strategy and objectives.
As a Compliance Risk Analyst, you are required to investigate and analyze automated & manual cases for potential money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- Ensure that the Bank is in continuous compliance with the AML/ATF regulatory requirements with regard to the identification of (potentially) unusual transactions, accounts for money laundering activities and financing of terrorism activities and sanctioned parties.
- Maintain proper records and audit trail of investigation activity and disposition actions for all reviewed cases.
- Determine need to escalate and/or recommend adaption of risk rating.
- Review and verify if there are unprocessed Customer-, Account- and/or Activity records in PCS on a daily basis.
- Acquire and maintain a current understanding of the political, cultural and general business environment in the Dutch Caribbean and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Business Administration, Criminology, Law or Finance.
- A recognized Professional compliance designation (e.g. CAMS or equivalent), is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of AML/ATF regulation, standards and best practices.
- Expert knowledge of money laundering and terrorist financing typologies, especially in relation to transaction flow.
- High degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal-, time management- and organizational skills in planning, scheduling and the ability to prioritize and deal with the workload to meet deadlines.
- A strong intrinsic motivation to drive continuous improvement and business excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluency, in English and Dutch.